Sunday 20 May 2012

The spinach smoothie

A juice filled with spinach sounds too healthy. Illusive images of green slop were filtered into a quick Google search and I agreed it would be a crime to drink greens in your juices.


That is until I saw this purple chocolate spinach smoothie recipe. Purple is an averagely decent colour, everyone loves chocolate and spinach is my preferred leaf in a salad. What is there to lose?


Everything when you blend the ingredients and it looks like this! But to my shock and horror, something that looks surprisingly like dog doo tasted rather nice. I'm just a little curious as to why mine didn't turn out purple but I didn't question it too much as it was liquidized spinach after all.

Add 2 handfuls of spinach, 3 chopped dates, 1 frozen banana and water to a blender and blitz.



Add blueberries, ice cubes and 1/2 tsp of coco powder and blitz.


I sprinkled mine with goji berries, more blueberries and added a few springs of spinach. 


To say it was a smoothie, the idea of drinking it wasn't working in my favour so I served it in a bowl with a spoon and was easily won over by the green juice that was in my case, very brown (still not over the fact it wasn't purple.)


I ate every last bit and I'm officially a spinach smoothie convert. It was refreshing, healthy and didn't actually taste of spinach.


Proofs in the bowl.

Calories: 186

No comments:

Post a Comment